“It is true that we cannot make a genius. We can only give to teach child the chance to fulfill his potential possibilities.” ~Maria Montessori
As parents, what do you want for your children? Do you want them to be independent, inquisitive, creative, sociable, and—most importantly—happy? At Meadow Montessori School in Richmond, we too want the best for your child. We understand that the children of today will be the leaders of tomorrow. We also know the importance of providing today’s children with the highest possible quality early educational environment. In our state-of-the-art facility, students learn through discovery. Montessori certified teachers use specially designed materials and programs to help each child unlock the wonders of learning, from classroom, to community and the world at large.
We are committed to providing an innovative and academically challenging curriculum that empowers our students to be independent thinkers and future leaders.
We will be the leaders in early childhood education by embracing the core principles of the Montessori education. We will provide a nurturing, joyful, creative, and peaceful environment for our students, families, staff, and community.
- Montessori trained and certified teachers
- Meticulously prepare a learning environment that is engaging, enlightening, and challenging
- Nurturing and supportive
- Hands-on experiences enable students to effortlessly assimilate, internalize, and learn complex concepts, thereby establishing a strong foundation for academics.
- Creative, child-centered environments foster and nurture independence, self-reliance, responsibility, and, most of all, a quest for knowledge.
- An individualized curriculum enables each child to reach his or her full potential as they develop at their own pace.
What makes us different?
- MMS is backed by over 20 years of experience. Our sister school, Sugar Mill Montessori School, has proudly served Sugar Land and surrounding areas since 1994.
- We have a growing library for both our students and parents to enjoy. We provide books for all ages as well as parent resources for checkout.
- Our various, age-appropriate Playscapes provide daily opportunities for play and social interaction.
- Beautiful gardens surround our school. Our students, with help from their parents, maintain and care for garden areas which offer varied experiences for study, exploration, and getting in touch with nature.
- In order to ensure a well-rounded program, all our early childhood classrooms are equipped with computers and tablets. At MMS, technology is used to enhance the Montessori curriculum, not distract from it.
- Cooking projects provide children with the opportunity to prepare and try new foods.
- In addition to our well rounded programs in language, math, cultural studies, sensorial development, and practical life skills, we also offer classes in music, Spanish, physical, education and various extracurricular activities.