What an amazing FIRST YEAR we have had! Thank you to all our families for joining us this year and supporting our school. We are so fortunate to work with your children who share their laughter, giggles, hugs and love with us daily! It is a joy watching our students grow and develop new skills as they go through the many stages of development during these preschool years!
- We opened our doors on October 1, 2014!
- We celebrated our Grand Opening in November with a petting zoo, bounce house, popcorn, snow cones, etc. We had a blast!
- Our brains are overflowing with knowledge! In class, we learned about: feelings and emotions, our bodies, our senses, vertebrates and invertebrates, hibernation, weather, insect, transportation and our solar system – just to name a few!
- We did a lot of cooking! Applesauce, butter, mashed potatoes, vegetable pasta, fruit salad and more!
- The dentist visited and taught us how to take care of our teeth.
- We donated food and toys to the Fort Bend Women’s Center.
- We planted lots of veggies in our garden. We have already harvested celery, strawberries and apples.
- We watched caterpillars turn into butterflies in our classroom and in our garden.
- We learned about our seven continents; then we each highlighted a different continent during our Multicultural Night. We traveled the world without ever leaving our school!
- Some of us became big brothers/sisters
- Some of us had teeth come in, while others lost baby teeth
- Some of us started reading and writing.
- Others said their first words!
- A few of us learned to walk, while the rest of us learned to run faster.
- We made lots of new friends as our classrooms and school grew!
- To top it all off, we had a big celebration with our families last week! We performed songs, danced, and commemorated our first year at MMS!
We are looking forward to many more years growing with, and educating, our future leaders!