Though different from daycare, we do provide before and after school care. Our board-certified instructors create an individualized curriculum for each child to provide stimulating, developmentally-appropriate education in a safe, nurturing, and loving environment.
Fulfilling Your Child’s Individual Needs
A fundamental tenet of the Montessori philosophy is to “follow the child.” Our staff takes the time to discover every child’s interests and abilities and tailors the curriculum for each student. For children, learning and playing are indistinguishable, and they consider learning an adventure. Children explore the beautiful and engaging materials and learn at their own pace.
Compare our Montessori program to traditional daycare:
- Structured activities seem like play, but are carefully designed to strengthen specific skills.
- Highly trained, certified teachers.
- Carefully crafted materials engage children’s imagination as they learn. From practical life to math to language and reading, every object in the Montessori classroom is geared to enhance new skills and inspire learning.
- Montessori classrooms are grouped into 3-year age groups, so children have the opportunity to learn at their own pace and older children serve as mentors to younger peers.
- Unstructured, unfocused playtime
- Untrained staff
- Unscientific, off-the-shelf games and toys
Summertime activities are educational and formative and always fun. Our summer programs include cooking projects, in-school special events, daily water play, and plenty of outdoor activities. Children are physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually engaged all summer long. Your child will thrive in a warm, friendly place where they can socialize, learn, and have fun.
Contact us today!
Curious about what Meadow Montessori School can offer your child? Contact us today for a tour and for more information about what sets our program apart from traditional daycare.